Welcome to my 2022 journey!
I have documented my trip around
the USA here.
My plan was to see the trees turn colors
in Maine and New England in the fall.
I was a little early....
This started on August 31 and I arrived
home on the planned date of January 2.
See the map below.
I was a
for about four months.
Rhode Island, Connecticut
South Carolina, Georgia
Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi
Tap on the following to see an up-to-date
dynamic map: The blue markers are where
I've been. The starting and ending point is Dallas, Oregon.
The barn at home.
How is this travelogue maintained?
I'm now doing all of this on an iPhone.
- Camera: take pictures
- Photos: edit the pictures
- select the pictures, share and copy
- Files: select the folder to drop them in, this converts from HEIC to JPEG
- iOS Shortcut: resize images
- Textastic (AppStore value!)
- Markdown syntax to create the text
- embedded HTML for the photo links
- Textastic allows viewing the results, inluding the photo links
- Textastic has an SFTP client, to push the text files and photo images to randix.net
- iOS Shortcut: ssh into randix.net and run the HTML gereration Python script
Textastic has an SSH client to log into randix.net if something needs checking on.
I have a head.md, tail.md, and a couple of index.md files for the CSS and look and feel.
The gen.py script puts it all together and forms all of the embedded link navigation simply from the file names.
It's hosted on
© 2022 Randix LLC